Starting university can be a challenging time in a person’s life; new area, new course, new people to meet. We have found that gathering students together from the earliest opportunity into a small group together has helped people to make friends and feel a sense of belonging to the church, sooner rather than later.
The core value of why small groups at The City Church meet is to build relationship. This is pursued by regularly meeting together for social events, times of worship, studying the Bible together and for prayer. They are more than a Bible study group – they are an opportunity to invest in and share life together.
For the academic year 2012-13, we have the following groups:
Freshers Small Groups:
- Ben Parker & Nat Flint: Thursday
- Zen Paul & Bethany Wharton: : Thursday
- Laurence Turpin & Lindsey McColl: Thursday
- Jon Nichols & Sophie Kelly: Thursday
Student Small Groups:
- Dave Cowen & Laura Cross: Wednesday
- Kate Lumley & Tom Campbell: Wednesday
- Naomi Sully: Thursday
- Sarah Williams: Thursday
- Jon Maltz & Esther Pandya: Thursday
If you are a Fresher or an existing student and would rather be part of a non-student majority small group, that's fine and we would love to help you find the right group for you. Again, please get in touch via the contact details above.